[Healeys] So...Dash bulbs?

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Jun 22 03:49:51 MDT 2012

Be careful using the higher wattage bulbs, be it tungsten or halogen.
They develop a lot more heat than the standard bulbs which are 2W or
less and can cause damage to the gauge. It is better to make up some
holders for high power LED lights if you need a brighter lit gauge.
However, the only thing you want to see is the relative position of the
gauge needle: middle position OK, left danger, right mostly OK but
extreme right danger (except for the fuel gauge) so why increase the
brightness?
Remember, with cold, wet night driving you have to reduce the amperage
used by lights, fan, wipers, aux lights, radio etc. to a minimum. Every
reduction, however small, helps. The OE generator or alternator does not
deliver to much power, around 20A to 35A, depending what is fitted and
what its condition is.
Kees Oudesluijs

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl