[Healeys] Gas tank bottom seal

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jun 16 18:33:28 MDT 2012

In case anyone's interested--and for the archives--I installed the seal with the 'fat' edge near the bulkhead (per
John).  The seal isn't tapered as in a wedge, but is tapered on only one side.  The hole in the boot has a slope and the
taper seems to match that slope so when installed the top of the seal is fairly level.  It appears someone has gone to a
bit of trouble to make this part correct as, as mentioned, the earlier part didn't have the taper.   The seal
effectively seals the gaps around the tank, and I don't think this seal will absorb much if any water.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net