[Healeys] Now that the Tranny is out -- Part 2

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 14 11:40:15 MDT 2012

I had a shop cut my plate several years ago and they over-cut it on
the bottom. I did not notice it at the time but the plate did not
press against the small square cork gasket that sits in the rear main
bearing recess. I don't know if it would have caused a problem
because the car was not driven very much. I had it fixed by welding a
small bit of steel flat stock. Be sure to check the cut carefully.