[Healeys] Now that the Tranny is out -- Part 2

mark lapierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 14 08:22:08 MDT 2012

Get the Moss Seal kit and do it yourself.   The only thing that isn't straight
forward is the cutting
of the rear plate and you can farm that out to a Machine shop.  A pattern
comes in the kit and
they just have to cut the hole the same size as the pattern,  no brainer.
Then you just follow the
 instructions for the seal replacement.   All parts are included and if you
have any questions ??????? hmmmmm lets see????oh yea, ask the list, another no
brainer.  I stilll have my instructions and a pretty good memory, .  If you
can turn a wrench you can do this.  And a pretty big savings by doing it
yourself.

Also aren't the flywheel torques in the Haynes or factory manual.  If not I'm
sure I saw them in the MGB or A manual.   They all use the same size bolts for
that area.

Mark