[Healeys] Now that the Tranny is out -- Part 2

Greg Mandas gmandas at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 08:25:45 MDT 2012

All,

Thanks for the many responses on who to rebuild the tranny. Actually it was the same response many times.

I dropped it off at Quantum Machanics Monday. What a great guy John is! He spent half an hour with me.  He popped the top off tranny and the solenoid bracket off the OD and showed me what happed.  No, I didn't break it, age did. The clutch material gets old, starts flaking and attacks the pump piston, which is aluminuim.

Next Question: Clutch.

Any advice on
- where to get a clutch kit,
- where do I find the proper torque settings for the pressure plate to fly wheel, and
- replacing the pressure plate to fly wheel bolts is a no-brainer, right?

Thank

GM
65BJ8