[Healeys] trailer hitch for my BT7

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 12 13:12:02 MDT 2012

Ira:  I made mine.  I could send some pictures and sketches of options for
mounting.  I got the sketches from Norman Nock as he used to tow a tear-drop
camping trailer.   I don't think I have your postal address, however.

Basically, I started at the rear cross member making a U channel that fits
over the rear cross member.  I drilled two holes all the way through the
channel and cross member and inserted two long hitch pins with clips on the
ends.  How you mount to the rear (bumper) will depend on your cars geometry
back there but it could fasten to the bumper overrider bolts.  Mine is
unique but again it is two bolts with holes drilled in them to take clips.
Four clips and it is on or off.  The rear cross member prevents back and
forth motion and the bumper, if it stays on the car, prevents up and down
motion.

My first trip with the trailer was to Snowmass in 1982 and it was used for
camping trips often after that.  Now, I use it for long trips in order to
take more stuff than I will ever need.  ;-)    I would not give it up,
however.  The whole object from the beginning was to get everything out of
the car but the people.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031