[Healeys] How Much Grease on Nut and Lockwasher?

scott willis ahpowered at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 10 15:33:18 MDT 2012

Hi all,
Yesterday I installed the new caliper I ordered for the BN7. Last weekend I
installed the freshly turned rotors. As i was installing the cotter pins into
the front wheel bearing nuts i thought wow, that was easy. Then I picked up
the grease retaining cup and saw all the grease globbed inside that cup. I
know I greased everything well but the nuts looked clean compaired to all that
gunk inside the retaining cup. Now I can't stop thinking about taking it apart
again and really globbing in more grease.

Should there be a huge amount of grease applied behind the lock washer and the
retaining nut inside the brake rotor?

I am trying to get ready for conclave but I have little time to get the work
done and test the car before next weekend thanks to work travel. A buddy just
called and said some Healeys were here in Bowling Green now at the convention
center traveling up from the Carolinas. I plan to head over in the BN7
shortly.

Thanks,

Scott Willis
Mashed 60 BN7 AH Club USA