[Healeys] Braking problem for a Longbridge

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Jun 10 07:59:39 MDT 2012

If you're not leaking any fluid the problem is probably either the M/C piston seal or foot valve. Have someone slowly work the brake pedal while you watch the fluid level in the reservoir--if it goes up when the pedal is pressed the foot valve is failing to seal; if not, it's probably the piston seal that is failing to seal (I'm assuming you don't have a servo).

Did you inspect the internals of the M/C before install? Is it one of the 'Classic Gold' (think that's the name) ones that Moss is (was?) selling? They had problems with the foot valve design.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA