[Healeys] Rear Wheel Noise

R. Price Lindsay 050.rpl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:39:09 MDT 2012

While running in a gymkhana yesterday I noticed a significant "rubbing" noise
coming from the, I'm fairly sure, left rear of my BJ8.  It had a metalic sound
to it, not like a tire rubbing on the wheel well.  It happened when making a
hard left turn under speed. When I inspected the car this morning I did not
see any signs of rubbing.  I tightened the rear shocks just to be sure (they
were not loose) and ran the car again - same thing.  FYI, within the last
5,000 miles I have replaced the differential, rear seals and rear bearings.
There are no signs of leakage. The car does not make noise under normal
driving conditions nor did it when I ran it in the Colorado Conclave gymkhana
(the turns were faster but not as sharp).

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Price Lindsay
67 BJ8