[Healeys] BN7 Voltage Regulator

Ron Fine RonFineEsq at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 3 16:31:18 MDT 2012

I am trying to determine if the voltage regulator that was installed on my
'61BN7 is original or correct later replacement.  It looks like the one
pictured in the Moss catalog (#142-001).  The plastic base is marked "RB106/2
12V  6  73   37290F   Lucas"

It has spade terminals.  It has only two coils and they do not look anything
like the diagram in the factory service manual.

Concours Guide says that model Lucas type RB106/2 is for a 100 and has screw
connectors.  It also lists BN4-Bj7 as Lucas type 106/2 screw-on connectors.

Could the one I have be an after market Lucas replacement unit with spade
connectors instead of screws?   Does the numbers "6  73"  indicate a date of
manufacture?

Thanks for any help.

Ron