[Healeys] Ignition/s​tarting problems again!!!! i Contd

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 09:16:58 MDT 2012

SUCCESS!!!

The distributor was about the only electrical piece of equipment that had
not been touched since I parked the car on Sunday evening. And of course
that is where the problem was! Unbelievable! I said last week that I didn't
believe in coincidences. I was wrong then and Im wrong again. After
checking evrything else several times over including the infamous FIA
switch I finally got a spark from the HT lead of the coil meaning the fault
was in the distributor. In fact it was the LT wire to the points which came
apart in my hands when I was examining it. I soldered anoter wire in place
and she fired up first time.

It just goes to show, as Im sure you all know from experience, you cannot
assume anything when working on these cars. The plus side however is that
incredibly I had a starter solenoid fail and a distribitor wire fail, both
when the car was sitting in the garage. I could have been anywhere when
these happened including on track. Amazing.

Derek