[Healeys] Ignition/starting problems again!!!!

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 04:39:13 MDT 2012

To get to Silverstone I removed the FIA switch from the circuit and the car
started and run perfectly for three days. On tuesday I installed the proper
length battery cable as I have now eliminated the old starter solenoid. I
also put new connectors and heat shrunk all the terminals. I reinstalled
the FIA switch. Everything works except the car won't start, no spark.
After checking everything and all permutations of the switch terminals
without success I decided to remove it from the circuit again just like I
did previously. This time however the car wont start, no spark. I am now
starting to think its the coil packed up however there is that stupid
black/white wire and the possibility of a fauly cut out switch in the boot.
As I want to remove this switch anyway, and at the same time remove the b/w
I am assuming all I have to do is remove the switch and bolt the battery
cable to the chassis. Can I then also remove the b/w wire from the coil
without any problem.

At present all electrics work, there is 12 volts at the distributor, the
battery is still turning over the high torquestarter very quickly, but the
car wont start. There is some little gremlin in there somewhere or the coil
has given up.

any thoughts

Derek