[Healeys] AH BJ8

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 23:50:52 MDT 2012

Apologies if this is duplicated but I got the dreaded 'Healey Bounces'
message.

Steve,

The FIA switch takes the cable that would normally go directly to the
starter solenoid, the other large terminal then connects it to the
solenoid, so if the standard cut out switch is always on then the FIA
switch can do the same job. These are the battery cable connections. In
addition it has two pairs of small spade type terminals, one pair which
operates when it is on, that is the one between ignition and coil, and one
which operates when it is off, that is taking the main electrical circuit
through the resistor to ground. If you don't have this and you cut the
switch then residual power generated by the aletrnator would have nowhere
to go and can damage the alternator. I believe this is not needed if you
still have a generator.

My car is a 100-Six but it has a BJ8 engine and the coil is wired as per a
BJ8 and not a 3000. It is also negative ground.