[Healeys] Shroud Badge Installation Question

Gerald Rude g.rude at q.com
Tue Jul 24 21:36:58 MDT 2012

Hi all,

I've just gotten the BJ8 back from the paint shop so I'm finally putting
things back together.  So I pull out the front Mk III badge from AHSpares to
find that it is hollow apparently stamped out of sheet metal.  I fit it to
the shroud, and it doesn't exactly fit the contour as there is a gap on the
top center.  Also, the wings on each end are somewhat sharp where they will
rest against the new paint.

Has anyone fitted this type of badge successfully?

I am tempted to try to deform it so it fits better, and then install it on
some gasket material so it doesn't penetrate the new paint.  Is either wise?

Thanks for any help.

Jerry Rude

Roseburg OR

BJ8 41423