[Healeys] Starter Problem now an ignition problem!!

Per Schoerner healeyguy at bredband.net
Thu Jul 19 15:12:46 MDT 2012

Derek
The white with black is just a anti theft thing, it shorts the ignition
when you shut off the electricity with the battery switch in the boot.
The ignition switch is nothing fancy, it's just a switch although
operated by a removable key. In your case it sounds that the white with
black is what powers the ignition, regardless of the state of the
ignition switch.
Do you happen to have 12 volt on the white with black wire at the coil
when the ignition switch is in the off position?

Per