[Healeys] Starter Problem - Update

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Wed Jul 18 14:35:34 MDT 2012

Run a volt meter from the hot battery terminal to the small post on
the solenoid. While cranking, or attempting to, the voltmeter should
read no more than .2 V  (point 2).  If it doesn't, then the voltage
would "rather" go through your switch and wire than the voltmeter.
That's good..... wire and switch-wise.   It means, however, that the
contacts may be burned inside the solenoid, and that is a cheap fix.
Find a local good independent Toyota repair guy, or a small local
rebuilder. They'll have the $2.00 worth of contacts you need, but
you'll need to show them the starter.
         Peter C
==