[Healeys] That Stolen Healey

Jackson Krall jackson_krall at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 09:24:34 MDT 2012

For clarity: the breaking of the hinge was a "signiture" of the gang.
Here in The City I have witnessed a two man team that pops a trunk lock w/a screwdriver or possibly a v shaped weed puller and empty the contents of trunk faster than you can read this sentance. They look for out of state license plates. It also happened to friends visiting me.
My first Bj8 had it's top slashed too. Top and frame had recently been replaced after being ripped off as I was driving into a do it yourself carwash and the door fell nearly killing me. I attributed the vandalism to personal resentment. I probably had the door locked but nothing taken. It's amazing what attitudes will surface when you're the only one in town w/an Austin Healey.
Best
JK