[Healeys] Nissan powered 3000 - BAT

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Jul 16 12:50:26 MDT 2012

Op 16-7-2012 19:35, Dan Stromquist schreef:
> I have owned both a 240Z and a 280Z.  Very solid, dependable cars with
> engineering and features that did not appear on other cars until years
> later.   A reliable sports car that is still reasonably priced.  I love the
> look of the 240Z.
>
> Dan

That goes for many Japanese cars from the'70's/'80's onwards. I love my
Subaru Impreza. I have had 4 Subaru's by now and the only thing going
wrong may be the clutch at about 100.000-150.000 miles and may be a
rubber sleeve of the drive shafts once or twice. One I drove for nearly
300.000 miles (Impreza 1.8) and it was still in good nick by the time I
traded it in for a bigger Legacy Estate, the second was driven for
150.000 hard miles ,short distance only, until it succumbed to
corrosion, mechanically still perfect, never had any issues apart from
rust after 12 yrs of salted roads (700cc Mini Jumbo, 100mph, wifes car,
amazing little devil of a car), the third was crashed at 180.000miles
(Legacy 2.0), still running perfect and the present one I bought
recently with 70.000miles on the clock, just run in (Impreza 2.0, 2000).
For every day driving there is not one EU/UK/US car that can beat them
on reliability.
Kees Oudesluijs