[Healeys] Parkerizing

Roland Wilhelmy rwil at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 11 21:19:54 MDT 2012

Parkerizing is the finish put on government issue Colt .45 pistols and
other gear.  I do not believe that it had any effect on metal
ductility or strength.  It does not do a whole lot of protecting from
rust, however.  It does keep the metal from being reflective.  I would
have called it a medium grey color, not black or charcoal.

-Roland