[Healeys] In memoriam of Rich Chrysler

AHCA 100 Registrar - Randy Hicks ahca100registrar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 05:33:24 MDT 2012

To follow-up on John's comments, I'll add a little more perspective on the
status of the AHCA 100 Registry..

I have know of Rich's illness since mid May. Most of my correspondences with
Rich revolved around the history, production, sequence and tracing the history
of specific cars. Occasionally about mechanical issues but usually more
registry issues. Regardless of my question, Rich always went that little bit
extra in his explanations, lots of time tossing in as little humor.  :-)

On May 10th I received an email from Rich asking if I would consider taking
over the AHCA 100 Registrars position due to his illness. At that point Rich
did not know if he had months or weeks but I agreed on the condition that Rich
continue doing the Registry as long as he felt able. It was quite a shock and
honor to be asked to take over this responsibility by Rich.

On June 8th I received an email from Rich saying that he had sent me all the
registry files and that "I am finding I dont have the stamina to respond to
this stuff as it needs to be, so have fun with it."

The AHCA 100 Registry that Rich & Lyn had put together is truly amazing. The
excel spreadsheet is 52 columns wide (Chassis #, Engine #, Batch /Body #, Le
Mans info, Build date, Key #, exterior color, interior colors and info on up
to (in some cases) 5 previous owners) by approx. 3400 rows deep (Cars /
remains of cars). I know that Rich had a lot of help from John Harper, Curt
Arndt and Roger Moment and  others. I also hope to draw on these resources as
well.

>From my perspective, the biggest tribute I can pay to Rich is to maintain and
grow the AHCA 100 Registry as Rich had started. I will do that.

In June I have added 56 new cars, updated over 400 individual pieces of data
and changed the format slightly to make it easier to sort by specific info.
This just scratches the surface of what I'd like to do.

So feel assured that Rich's work on the AHCA 100 Registry is active and will
continue in Rich's honor.

Randy

Randy Hicks
ahca100registrar at gmail.com

On Jul 8, 2012, at 3:31 AM, John Harper wrote:

> I would like to pay my own tribute to Rich Chrysler.
>
> I have not seen in the many e-mails sent recently any mention of all the
work he put in as AHCA 100 Registrar.

> Rich and I worked hard to bring together all the 100 registrations that we
could find across the world and if it were not for Rich creating a database
from many North American paper records we would not have achieved what we did.
Rich was a great man to work with.

> Those who now access the register owe a great deal to Rich for what is now
available.

> I have had conformation from the AHCA that they will continue to support
what has gone on before and we will all be pleased to know that all the effort
Rich and Lynn put into this Register will not be wasted and that the good work
will continue

> I still cannot get used to the idea that Rich is no longer with us. I was
last in touch with him a few months back but had no idea that he was so ill.