[Healeys] 4FF6F619.9090108 at comcast.net Wire Wheels

Michael Hartfield hartfiel at alumni.princeton.edu
Fri Jul 6 12:44:51 MDT 2012

I must pass this story on concerning the wisdom of Tubeless wire wheels.

I installed the tubeless wires on my BJ8 a couple of years ago.  In late
June of this year a group of us were on the road to Rendezvous 2012 in
Parksville, B.C. and I developed a slow leak in the left rear tire.  The
leak went from slow to fast.  We were half way between Portland and Seattle,
so where was I going to find a tire store with  the skill to change a tire
on a wire wheel and balance it.

George Koeber suggested I go to an auto parts store and get a patch kit for
tubeless tires.  Long story short, I did, -- removed a fish hook,  and it
worked great.

Moral of story:  I could not have used that instant fix kit with a tube and
tire.