[Healeys] Rich Chrysler will live on

editorgary at aol.com editorgary at aol.com
Fri Jul 6 10:10:00 MDT 2012

I've been away from email for a few days so only learned this morning of
Rich's unexpected passing. It will take me some while to get my mind around
the idea that Rich no longer will be at his computer within 24 hours to handle
another question, provide another piece of information, or respond with
excitement to a new piece of knowledge about our cars.

When I first considered creating a formal concours system with originality
guidelines for the Healey clubs, there were only two people who could possibly
contribute at the level that seemed necessary, Roger Moment and Rich Chrysler.
Rich was enthusiastic about the endeavor and happy to be one of the three
founders of the new system, which over the years since has absorbed, recorded,
and promulgated the information we needed to keep these automobiles on the
road in the form that they were originally designed.

In the grand scheme of things, that doesn't seem like a huge contribution to
civilization, but for all the pleasure and satisfaction it provided so many
people, and the fact that an artifact of man's creativity and innovation will
continue to exist, Rich's contribution can not be minimized. In each of our
cars that he touched directly and indirectly with his commitment, and in all
the people who were inspired by his continuing enthusiasm and patience, Rich
will live on.

But I'll still miss him very much.

Best
Gary Anderson