[Healeys] Aux. Rad. Fan Install

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Thu Jul 5 19:41:12 MDT 2012

I bought an 1969 XKE a couple of years ago that has thermostatically
controlled electric fans.  The fans were on all the time when the engine
was running, so I determined that the thermo switch in the header tank
was not working right.  I remembered that a local shop had come up with
a replacement for the MGB thermo switch (Delco or something), so I asked
him if he had a recommendation for the Jag. He did not recommend the
currently available 'correct' part because they are expensive and don't
last long.  Instead he said that Advance Auto has an adjustable one that
you poke through the fins of the radiator.  It works great, around $15.