[Healeys] Fuel pump mounting plate Double ened query

autofarm at cyg.net autofarm at cyg.net
Wed Jul 4 18:13:03 MDT 2012

Hi Simon, I have a double ended pump mounted on the RHS just where the
regular pump fits on my BJ8.
I used two coil brackets around the body of each pump, with a rubber
"filler" cut from an old inner tube to take up the space.
The plumbing is really straightforward, as all the original lines fit
right in and we wired each side separatly, hooked to a Bug Eye
direction indicator switch mounted just under the dash.  This gives me
off in the centre position and left/right in the other two positions.
It works very well, but does not shut off completely when the carb
bowls are full.  I think it backfeeds through the idle pump.
Cheers...Bob.