[Healeys] Clutch and Throw out Bearing

" Just Brits " Shop shop at justbrits.com
Tue Jul 3 20:45:41 MDT 2012

<< On 7/3/2012 6:33 PM, David Porter wrote:
Bob, it's clear that the parts are the same dimensions... >>

Agreed, Dave.

<< when you assemble it, before the slave cylinder is installed make
sure that the release fork is not
pre-loaded. >>

DITTO, DITTO & DITTO ! ! !   Bob, this is  MANDATORY ! ! !

<< After the slave is installed, make sure the release fork is not
pre-loaded. >>

DITTO, DITTO & DITTO ! ! !   Bob, this is ALSO MANDATORY ! ! !

<< If those conditions are met, then you should have no issues with
premature wear. >>

Ditto and [yes, I KNOW <G>] assuming that you do NOT "ride the clutch"
or "slipping" it whilst starting from a traffic lite or up-hill grade ! !

<< And lastly make damn sure that there is free play at the pedal
adjustment. >>

Agreed, however I would like to add that you "should" replace the bush
IN the gearbox case along with the bush in the Relay Lever.  I hope it
goes un-needed, but you ALSO "should" use a NEW spigot Bush ! ! !

Failure of following the above [both Dave & my own] advice will just
'allow' you to go thru this "exercise" again in a year or three (3) -
car use dependant <VBG> ! ! !

Thar said, I do have a Spridget Customer that MUST do a clutch job
nearly EVERY 'season' and his car is NOT a daily driver [but DOES see
a LOT of "fair-weather use ! ! !

Ed
Please visit MY site at:
www.justbrits.com