[Healeys] Corrected link to my new post.

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Jul 2 01:48:37 MDT 2012

I am surprised that you press on the impeller before the bearing itself
is pressed into the pump body, that way the ball bearings and races are
loaded and possibly damaged when the bearing/impellor assembly is
pressed in. This can be a fairly tight fit on many water pumps. I would
press in the bearing into the housing first using an apropriate
spacer/tube section/old socket and after that press on both the flange
and impeller to avoid the possibility of damaging the bearing.

If the press fitting of the flange or the impeller is a bit loose you
can use some Locktite.

Kees Oudesluijs

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl