[Healeys] Engine cleaning

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 17 07:21:47 MST 2012

Check out the Bill Hirsch paint web sight.   Any cast iron blocks that are
free of oil and a flaky scale can be wire brushed and then painted with
their engine enamels.  No primers necessary
on cast iron.  That would be the block and heads on our engines.  Steel
items should be primed.
I am a user and had good results with that process on my Healey engine.
Remember, not all
 engine enamels are NOT equal.  The Hirsch engine enamels encapsulate and
adhere to light surface rust very well.

Your on your own after you use the soda blast.

Mark