[Healeys] Engine cleaning

Jonas Payne JPayne at ThorCon.net
Mon Jan 16 20:34:15 MST 2012

Wire brush, liberally brush with Muriatic Acid (available at Home depot
in the pool section) rinse /brush repeat, hit with prepsol/or acetone
and paint.

Gallon of acid runs about $3.  Muriatic acid is a fantastic degreaser
and can also be utilized to strip metals prior to replating.  Also used
to prevent "flash rust" for you guys who live in places where it is
damp, and to etch galvanized metal prior to paint.

Need to be careful not to leave bolts sit in too long  (days) though, as
it can cause steel to become brittle.

One of my favorite uses is removing oil stains from
concrete...............But I'm sure I'm the only LBC owner that has that
problem.

$ for $ it's tough to beat.

Wear rubber gloves and use eye protection.

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084