[Healeys] Record Healey Price!/Prices

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 09:38:17 MST 2012

I saw a discussion about this on a message board a while back.
In that particular case it was a book that had zoomed in price to over
$1,200.00.
It turned out there were two sellers that had a copy.  They each had a
robot program that repriced their book based on what the other sellers had
it for.
As I recall one seller has his robot to up the price by 35% or so, and the
other seller had his set to undercut the other sellers by a few percent.
 Someone got a copy of the price raises and each one was exactly the same
percent for each seller.
The net result was over time a 6 dollar book was listed for an obscene
amount of $
Rick