[Healeys] Record Healey Price!/Prices

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon Jan 2 07:53:47 MST 2012

 "Is that the secret of these prices, or are the sellers just hoping to
catch
some unknowing person?

 Jack."

I think that must be it, and I think you are right I am seeing more of it
too, from books to model trains (which I also dabble in) to cars, if
something is no longer made it seems like more and more people are deciding
it is (or at least maybe someone will think it is) rare and valuable.

My brother and I have owned many box Sprites over the years, a few weeks ago
I sent him an internet listing for a mid sixties Sprite they were asking
$10,000 for, there was nothing special about the car, it was not restored to
a high standard, looked like it had merely been refurbished and repaired
here and there over the years, which made the price extraordinary enough,
but then as you read the description the owner admitted "it didn't run", as
the kids would say OMG LOL.

I think with the advent of the internet it is so easy to cheaply list
anything for sale to a wide audience that some just put things out there and
say what the heck, its a ridiculous price, but maybe somebody will pay it.

It boggles my mind, because with the advent of the internet you can also
research value and shop for the best deal pretty easily.

Happy new year to all.

Greg Lemon