[Healeys] Fuel Pump

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sun Dec 30 18:08:13 MST 2012

I have an old model train transformer for testing small electrics, it
supplies 12 volts DC, you can get a cheap one on E-bay or local train shows
for $5 bucks or so, trickle charger would probably work as well.  As far as
the pump itself, maybe I missed something, everyone seems to be assuming it
is something electrical, if it you replaced the diaphragm the "throw" is
critical, there are is a static adjustment in the manuals, but usually best
to check and adjust for optimal reliable operation with the cover off (see
above for power source, you can also run wires from the car/battery).

When I rebuilt mine I used some hoses to make a return system and had it
pump some marvel mystery oil for various intervals on the transformer from
15 minutes to half an hour, turned it off and on etc., when it was all
starting and running reliably  put it back in the car.

Greg Lemon