[Healeys] BJ8 Transmission Rebuild

ATIGHTPROD at aol.com ATIGHTPROD at aol.com
Mon Dec 31 10:52:12 MST 2012

I do not have a BJ8, nor do I know much about their transmissions, but this
 video may help. It's only about ten minutes long and explains the inner
workings  of the transmission coming apart and going back together and done in
a way  I can even understand, somewhat. But seriously it may help as it
shows taking  the gear box apart, switching out some gears from a sideshift
gearbox and then  putting it all back together again:
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rz6b8ZWXfc_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rz6b8ZWXfc)
Good luck and hope this helps
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598

Just re-assembled by BJ8 transmission and have tried to bench test it  -
won't shift into 3rd or forth, so removed the cover, removed all the  rods
and forks and can't get the hub to move to either 3rd or 4th  gear.

I know that on other transmissions (Moss Boxes in particular) that  if you
don't have the "plunger" that sits inside the sliding collar on a  specific
point rotationally on the shaft, that this can occur, but didn't see  any
such instruction in the manual.

Anybody have any idea what I've  done wrong?

Jonas Payne
PBR  Consulting
702-882-6711