[Healeys] BJ8 Transmission Rebuild

Jonas Payne jagmog at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 31 10:15:28 MST 2012

Just re-assembled by BJ8 transmission and have tried to bench test it -
won't shift into 3rd or forth, so removed the cover, removed all the rods
and forks and can't get the hub to move to either 3rd or 4th gear.

I know that on other transmissions (Moss Boxes in particular) that if you
don't have the "plunger" that sits inside the sliding collar on a specific
point rotationally on the shaft, that this can occur, but didn't see any
such instruction in the manual.

Anybody have any idea what I've done wrong?

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting
702-882-6711