[Healeys] Threadlocking Armstrong Shock Bolts

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Dec 3 18:02:30 MST 2012

I use blue Permatex with hardened ('grade 8') flatwashers under the bolt heads.  They never come loose--the hardened
flatwashers exert greater clamping force (more surface area for same PSI)--and the threadlocker adds insurance. Plus,
you're clamping a larger portion of the shock surface for more strength.  Torque to 35ft-lbs.

Whatever you do, don't use lockwashers--they bite into the Zn/Al(?) shock bodies and loosen (I do use split lockwashers
on the backside of the rear shocks, however).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net