[Healeys] What's your Healey, and what Healeys have you owned?

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Aug 31 00:21:17 MDT 2012

I bought my first Healey in 1965 for about $150, it was a 100/6, but it
was a dog so I got rid of it after a few weeks. I was 18 and what did I
know about cars. I did not have the money as a student to bring it up to
scratch, let alone restore it. At the time it was just an old second
hand car. The second Healey I got in 1977, it was a Jensen (sorry folks)
from 1974, daily driver, and I drove 150.000 miles in it until 1985,
when it was stored to be restored some day. That of course never
happened but I still have the car as a donor vehicle for the third
Healey, also a Jensen from 1974, that my wife presented me on my
birthday in 2008. An unrestored and totally rust free car that is very
often driven when the weather is good enough. It is being improved and
updated while in use. So far I drove it for about 20.000miles in the
last 4 years.
I have owned several interesting cars during the years, amongst them
Fiat 500 later converted to 850cc, DAF 600, DAF Daffodil, DAF 31 (I
loved those quirky cars after a bit of tweaking), Chevrolet Bell Air
1956/7 (just bought for a holiday to Spain with 6 friends, then sold it
on after 5 weeks as I could not fund the fuel bill, I still have the
original radio), Renault 16, Glas 1700, Triumph Spitfire MkIII, Renault
4's, Landrover SWB SIII, Subaru Mini Jumbo, Subaru Impreza's and many
others.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL