[Healeys] Help with BT7 (new thread - I got bounced again!!!!!)

Per Schoerner healeyguy at bredband.net
Wed Aug 29 17:55:32 MDT 2012

Bob
Yes, you are correct, the speed of the driveshaft is what determines the
speed. But the different boxes have different speedometer drive gearing.
So,for a 3000 overdrive the driveshaft turns 3,2 revolutions to turn the
speedo 1 turn. A 100/6 overdrive does the same in 2,5 turns. A 100/6
gearbox without overdrive does the same in 2 turns. I have yet to figure
out what a 3000 non overdrive box does.
Hence the different speedometers.
BTW. sorry about the confusion, I meant tpm of course, not tpi.
Per