[Healeys] Fwd: Help with hood latch

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 17:25:30 MDT 2012

I received the following message from a local club member. Can you suggest
some solutions?
Thanks,
Gary Hodson

Subject: Help with hood latch

I was trying to adjust the hood latch on my BN1 and just as Roger Moment warns
about, I got the latch stuck shut and can't get it loose. The return spring is
off, also the spring around the latch pin is off. It is just the pin itself is
caught in the latch mechanism. I have been able to remove the bolts and loosen
the latch assembly from the fire wall. I might be able to get a reciprocating
saw blade between the hood and the shroud and saw the pin, but I am very
worried about messing up the paint or worse. Has anyone else had this problem
and do you have any suggestion