[Healeys] What's your Healey, and what Healeys have you

P.M. Pollock pollpete at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 29 10:17:01 MDT 2012

A question to make me feel my age.

My Healey is BJ7 #21002, manufactured in November of 1962, but first registered
in the spring of '63,
thus conventionally a "63."

He came to me new, partly bought, partly a graduation present, in 1963, so next
May I will have had him 50 years.
Gave me much joy and served faithfully -at least, once I learned to cope with SU
fuel pumps- for the first 25.

I was most of the way through a mechanical rebuild when a deluge of children (2)
put large areas of life on hold.
These past many years on the Healey List (Thanks Mark!) have taught me some of
the many things I did wrong
and will need to revisit when I finally get back to him.  Of course, the body,
etc. needs much work too....

As my father always said:  "Youth is wasted on the young."

Cheers,

Pete Pollock
BJ7
N. California