[Healeys] What's your Healey, and what Healeys have you owned?

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 21:14:36 MDT 2012

Go on Earl, post your "Healey history"!
And Steven, I'm not sure which is more amazing - the successful vasectomy
reversal funded by the sale of a Healey; the fact you called your daughter
Austen (obviously in recognition!) or the fact that you have the original bill
of sale & factory build card for your BN1!!!
Fantastic stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone

On 28/08/2012, at 12:36 PM, "Earl Kagna" <kags at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Steven:
>
> I was going to post my Healey history in response to this thread, but I
won't now.  You win.

> Selling a Healey to fund a successful vasectomy reversal (regardless of
which model Healey) tops everything.  Let everyone else try to beat that!

> A man after my own heart.
>
> Earl Kagna
> Victoria, B.C.
> BJ8, BT7 tri-carb
>
> -----Original Message----- From: ATIGHTPROD at aol.com
> Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 5:35 PM
> To: eyera3000 at gmail.com ; austin.healey at gmail.com
> Cc: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] What's your Healey, and what Healeys have you owned?
>
> Got my first Austin-Healey in 1970 when I got out of the Army. Bought it
> from my brother, it was 1960 3000 with a Ferrari GT250 fiberglass front
end.
> The  car been run in to a house and my brother decided to fix it and give
it
> some  charm. Never did finish the front end out, but it looked pretty cool
> and I ran  the car for about two years until I killed it. I was a bit
stupid
> back  then.
> Second one was a '64 3000 with the wood dash, bought it from a friend cause
> it had a blown clutch. Fixed the clutch and drove the devil out of it
> until I  went through a divorce and had to sell everything. Oh well.
> Third one was a '60 3000 again. A steel wheel model that ran and ran  and
> ran. Really nice car and sold that one to pay for a vasectomy reversal. The
> reversal worked and now I have a 21 year old daughter named Austen. No
> regrets  there.
> Now I have a 1953 100, a completely matching numbers car, originally sold
> in December of '53 in Encino, California. Not only do I have the bill of
> sale,  but I also have the factory build card which lists the car as a BM1,
> typo error,  and a stack of receipts going back to its first oil change.
$5.41.