[Healeys] What's your Healey, and what Healeys have you owned?

ATIGHTPROD at aol.com ATIGHTPROD at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 18:35:14 MDT 2012

Got my first Austin-Healey in 1970 when I got out of the Army. Bought it
from my brother, it was 1960 3000 with a Ferrari GT250 fiberglass front end.
The  car been run in to a house and my brother decided to fix it and give it
some  charm. Never did finish the front end out, but it looked pretty cool
and I ran  the car for about two years until I killed it. I was a bit stupid
back  then.
Second one was a '64 3000 with the wood dash, bought it from a friend cause
 it had a blown clutch. Fixed the clutch and drove the devil out of it
until I  went through a divorce and had to sell everything. Oh well.
Third one was a '60 3000 again. A steel wheel model that ran and ran  and
ran. Really nice car and sold that one to pay for a vasectomy reversal. The
reversal worked and now I have a 21 year old daughter named Austen. No
regrets  there.
Now I have a 1953 100, a completely matching numbers car, originally sold
in December of '53 in Encino, California. Not only do I have the bill of
sale,  but I also have the factory build card which lists the car as a BM1,
typo error,  and a stack of receipts going back to its first oil change. $5.41.
The car is  completely documented and has only a little over 55,000 miles
on it. One  re-spray paint job and new seat covers, but it's never been apart
and runs  great.
I looked for almost five years to find a 100 and this one found me off of
ebay. It was for sale in Southern California so I went to look at it and
when I saw it, I bought it. You just can't argue with fate.
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598