[Healeys] What's your Healey, and what Healeys have you owned?

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 18:05:45 MDT 2012

I'll Bite.

I started with a '66 Sprite in 1978, followed quickly by a '67 (with the
"big bore" 1275 cc motor) a year or so later.

I drove and owned British exclusively until about 1990, including a '67 B GT
that replaced the '67 Sprite when I loaned to my girlfriend one morning when
I was too hungover to wake up/drive and it got wrecked (girl was OK).

I bought a first generation RX-7 (great fun) as a "sensible car" circa 1990,
and have had a string of japanese daily drivers since, all manuals in
deference to my sports car roots, and one or more British Sports Cars for
fun.

In 1999, after years of looking for a little more exotic but still British
sports car I spotted a 54 Austin Healey for $7000 in the local paper.  I
thought is was a misprint and was probably an overpriced '64 Sprite.  turned
out it was a 100, had many needs, but complete, running and driving.

Drove it for about 10 years, redid about everything.  Current car is a '68
Triumph TR250, but I still linger and ocassionaly post to the list, enjoy
the stories and share what I learned with the 100 and many years of driving
and working on British cars.

Greg Lemon