[Healeys] What's your Healey, and what Healeys have you, owned?

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Mon Aug 27 17:11:47 MDT 2012

George Castleberry wrote:
> Now have a 54100 bought in 2000.  Undergoing a very slow self restoration.
> Also have 59 bugeye that I bought restored and actually drive.

My first car was a '59 100/6, which I restored in 1970. I commuted
to my first year of college in that car. I also had a '65 Sprite (gas
was 19 cents a gallon. I could fill the tank for $1.50!), a '64 3000
that needed a front caliper so I sold it (doh!), and in 1974 when
I was a junior in college, I bought my '56 100 along with a parts
car.

Perplexing question:  I've owned my 100 for 38 years and have yet
to find the time to restore it.  I look at it in its current state
and think "I'd rather have a Bugeye I could drive today than the
100 that I may never get on the road." Question: What would you do?
Sell the 100 for a runnnig Bugeye?

--
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2