[Healeys] Angle drive washer

edic at tampabay.rr.com edic at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 11:57:33 MDT 2012

Ibm having a bit of a problem with my speedometer working. It quit working,
and after taking it out of the dash I inserted a spare cable that I have, and
using a drill, I found that it does work. I also learned that while driving
the car with the speedometer cable out of the speedometer I can stop the cable
from turning which leads me to believe that the angle drive is probably not
functioning properly. I removed the tunnel and disconnected the cable, and
found that I did not have the copper washer that is suppose to be there. My
question is this, can I get copper washers at my local hardware store and if
so what size and how many? Am I correct that I should not be able to stop the
cable from turning with my fingers when driving? I have another angle drive
that I am going to install, but I will not go through that trouble without
using the copper washer.
Any help in this manner would be appreciated.

Mel Brunet
67 BJ8