[Healeys] FW: FWIW

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 08:12:14 MDT 2012

I have a new theory.  The real point of the British Motor industry was not to
produce reliable automobiles for day to day driving.  The business plan was
actually to produce a device to keep OAPs, retirees and other layabouts busy
offering them endless tasks to perform and keeping their minds active.  It was
a business plan that took almost half a century to unfold, but apparently has
been quite successful.

Rick

"Madman in a death machine"
Follow My Nasty
Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo

________________________________
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey at gmail.com>

You added "at present" in your
last comment.
You did not say that before.
So Kees, who owns Daewoo?
Did you
read the article that spawned this discussion??
Seriously.
Sincerely.
Chris
On 14/08/2012, at 11:06 PM, Oudesluys <coudesluijs at chello.nl> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I am afraid missing the point is yours.
> I just pointed out that there is
no serious British car manufacturer at
present, all are small volume and/or
foreign owned, e.g. Jaguar and Land Rover
are Indian owned by Tata and anyway
are sold in fairly small numbers in Europe
because of reliability issues.