[Healeys] FW: FWIW

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 05:01:27 MDT 2012

Geez Kees,
You missed the point. Totally.
Seriously.
If your memory of the British car industry, and European car industry means
you can't spell Sunbeam, and innovation, then I'm lost at your comments.
Or you are just taking the piss? Or ??
I'm confused? So Chevrolet is Korean?? Subaru is American????
Wow. I got the location of Texas wrong on this list once... So I'll give you
the benefit of the doubt...
BMC produced 50% of England's cars in the early late 1960's and early 1970's
And it exported to the commonwealth.
Who was in the top 3 car manufacturing countries supplying the Australian
market in the early 1960's?
You tell me me. It wasn't French, Swedish, Italian, or Danish. And it wasn't
Japanese. Or Korean. Or Yugoslavian. Not Russian.
I'll give you a hint...  This is a British car list...
Now England is undergoing a revival.
I'm lost as to what your point is.
Maybe I should just buy a Korean Corvette Mustang V8 convertible made by
Subaru in the good old US of A?
Seriously
Chris.

Sent from my iPhone

On 14/08/2012, at 5:42 PM, Oudesluys <coudesluijs at chello.nl> wrote:

> Eric,
> Not realy.
> In the past at least 30 years or so there were hardly any other than
Japanese cars in the top 25 reliability lists. In the past 10 years the
Koreans are quickly rising and some German cars are improving and appear in
the top 10 in the last couple of years.
> The worst have been models from Land/Range Rover, Peugeot/CitroC+n
(basically the same cars), Fiat/Lancia/Alfa (idem) and some US cars, although
the results of these are a bit unreliable as there are very few around in EU.
> Name me one large British car manufacturer, I for sure do not know any.
Many, if not all, of the small players are foreign owned.
> That the Japs have done so well is because of their quality control systems
which are second to none. Perhaps Japanese cars built in the USA (e.g.
Infinity, some Subaru's etc.) may have a worse record.