[Healeys] FW: FWIW

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Aug 14 01:42:16 MDT 2012

Eric,
Not realy.
In the past at least 30 years or so there were hardly any other than
Japanese cars in the top 25 reliability lists. In the past 10 years the
Koreans are quickly rising and some German cars are improving and appear
in the top 10 in the last couple of years.
The worst have been models from Land/Range Rover, Peugeot/CitroC+n
(basically the same cars), Fiat/Lancia/Alfa (idem) and some US cars,
although the results of these are a bit unreliable as there are very few
around in EU.
Name me one large British car manufacturer, I for sure do not know any.
Many, if not all, of the small players are foreign owned.
That the Japs have done so well is because of their quality control
systems which are second to none. Perhaps Japanese cars built in the USA
(e.g. Infinity, some Subaru's etc.) may have a worse record.
The design of some EU cars may be better, but reliability?, no way.
Cheers,
Kees Oudesluijs