[Healeys] Thermacels

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 11:47:15 MDT 2012

Neil,

Thanks for the compliment.  As you can see, I took a belt, suspenders,
rope and duct tape approach to insulation.  I can tell you it seems to have
worked as my feet weren't blistered after 40 miles of driving on a 90 degree
day.  I can't tell you which one of the insulating products was responsible,
or whether they all were in combination.  The thermacel paint I only did on
the interior as my car had been undercoated from new.  If I had bare
floorpans, I would've coated both sides.  One of the big things to look at is
to make sure there's no leaks coming in from the engine compartment to the
interior.  Try shining a worklight in the engine compartment and see if you
can see any gaps in the interior.

Rick

"Madman in a death machine"
Follow