[Healeys] LBCs

Neil Blackshire neilblackshire at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 06:36:31 MDT 2012

Hello Rick,
I love the car, we don't get that many V8's in Spain let alone healey V8's.
I am interested in the part of your story about trying to keep cool whilst
driving your car. Did you paint the thermacels mix just onto the underside
of the car or in the interior as well before glueing on the insulation
sheet? My healey 3000 has a different cam and a six into 1 manifold which
gives off a lot of heat.I have bound the manifold and put insulation sheet
inside the car, but it's loose and not fitted and glued down like you have
done. The interior still gets really hot which isn't much fun with
temperatures sometimes getting up to the high 30's.
I am thinking of doing the same to my car, so does the inside of the car
still get hot or has your work really made a difference.
Thanks
Neil