[Healeys] More Transmission/overdrive questions

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Aug 10 08:10:46 MDT 2012

What fluid (oil) are you using? Despite the manual's recommendation to use melted and drawn whale blubber I think a
multi-vis (20W-50) or synthetic works best (I use MT-90).  As for sealant, I use Permatex Aviation Form-A-Gasket or a
good silicone depending on my mood.

I haven't done much work on O/Ds, but the slow response sounds like wear in the accumulator and/or pump.  The first
recommendation is usually to check the pressure with a good gauge.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net