[Healeys] Master Cylinder flares

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Sun Aug 5 16:18:00 MDT 2012

The master cylinders that use a remote reservoir have two fittings in them.
The fitting on the end is connected to the reservoir & is designed for what I
will call an inverted flair. The other fitting is connected to the brake lines
& is designed for what I will call a bubble flair. I think these are the
correct terms but am not sure. Neither fitting should require a copper crush
washer. The seal should occur where the flared line meets the mating surface
inside the master cylinder, not at the threads. The master cylinders with
integral reservoirs only have the one fitting & I think it is the same as
described above.
Gary Hodson